We are the leading Soft Wash Roof Cleaning, Cedar Shake Cleaning/sealing, Home Soft Wash, Deck Restoration, and Pressure Washing provider! We get the job done on time, and to your specifications. Safety, integrity, efficiency, and accountability are our top priorities. We spend time during our initial consultations to find out exactly what your expectations are, and how we can provide the best possible service. We believe that customer service is the highest priority, and keeping our reputation and keeping our customers happy, is our number one goal. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
CALL NOW!! 215-730-1368 For your FREE estimate!
We are Licensed, Insured, and CERTIFIED.
- What Are The Black Streaks On My Roof?
- Unsightly black stains or streaks on asphalt shingles are caused by a hardy type of algae called Gloeocapsa Magma. The alga feeds on the crushed limestone that is used in asphalt shingles. Rain spreads the algae down the roof causing the black streaks. These streaks are not only unsightly but cause the shingles to fail prematurely by not allowing the shingles to reflect heat properly.
- Some roofing contractors don't know what these black streaks are, saying it's the asphalt showing through the shingles or that it's water stains. Some contractors may know it's algae but tell you it can't be cleaned without damaging the shingles. In either case, they may tell you that the roof needs replaced. This is not true if your shingles are still in good shape.
- Never use a pressure washer on an asphalt shingle roof, doing so will blow granules off the shingles and lessen the longevity of your roof.
Roof Cleaning Is Recommended By Shingle Manufacturers.
- Companies like Owens Corning and GAF, and also the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association recommend a low pressure chemical application using certain cleaners to restore shingles suffering from roof algae, followed by a low pressure rinse. We use the cleaners and methods recommended by these companies, for a safe and damage free roof cleaning. If your shingles are still in good shape but have roof algae on them, having your roof cleansed will allow you to get the full life out of your shingles, saving you thousands of dollars.